Sunday, November 21, 2010

München

Joe headed straight to Venice from Budapest with his unlimited pass, but it was going to take me two days to get there so I thought I might as well see another place on the way. That place was Munich (München). As I was leaving the hostel in Budapest, I shared my idea with a fellow American who was planning on seeing Venice too. Corey jumped on board and we set out for Munich. Another night on the train and another mediocre night's rest. We spent the first part of the ride getting to know each other and some time talking to the other passengers before we tried to get some rest. We were successful in finding a place to stretch out and actually sleep.

We started our day in Munich around 7:00 am (too early) and walked all over the city before lunch time, at which point the city center was becoming more and more crowded with locals and tourists alike, all ready for Oktoberfest to begin the next day. Corey and I got a beer and talked about what we would do until our train left for Venice that night. Joe had gone to see the "fairytale castles" outside of Munich earlier in the week and showed me some very beautiful pictures... so Corey and I decided to follow suit and get outside the city.









No comments:

Post a Comment