Thursday, November 18, 2010

Wien

Wien is Austrian for Vienna... not sure how we (the English language) got Vienna from Wien. I only spent the day in Wein as I was on my way to Budapest to meet Joe. The EuRail pass that I had allowed me to travel on 15 days within 2 months and as much as I want on those days. So I left Prague a half past midnight and slept on the train to Wien, hung out all day, and then took a train to Budapest that evening...only using one travel day. A day was just enough time for me, as I wasn't set on visiting at all, but why not, especially when people keep recommending it. It was a very relaxing day, starting with pastries and coffee and long walk to the city center. I went on a self-guided walking tour and saw some sites before lunch.


St. Stephens (the roof is amazing)

some museum and garden

Then I was very tired and needed a nap... the city park was just the right spot. I set my sleeping bag out, put my valuable at the bottom, got out a book, read a couple pages, and was asleep in no time. After the nap and with renewed energy, I explored more of the city and the Danube river.


City Park

a very cool lookin castle thing on the Danube

No comments:

Post a Comment