Sunday, August 1, 2010

Beautiful Gimmelwald

I have been wanting to post something for a couple days now but I am just getting the opportunity tonight. While Joe and I were in Amsterdam, we went to the Anne Frank House, the actual office building and 'Secret Annex' where Anne and 7 others hid away for around 2 years. I had heard the story before and been amazed before, but walking through the house and hearing/seeing it from a new perspective was really powerful.

'The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quite alone with the heavens, nature, and God' -Anne Frank (Feb. 17th 1944)

I really loved this quote and I totally agree with Anne, in fact, I think it's good for anyone.

A couple of days later, Joe and I meet up with the other fellas in this place...




...it couldn't have been much more on time. The heavens, nature, and God right there.

I can't really describe the beauty that is Gimmelwald, so ill try to use pictures:

Mountain Hostel


The boys together again! So good.


Swiss National Day...
Just as we all lit our Swiss lanterns it begins to pour

2 comments:

  1. Z, Great pic's. Are those Swiss Alps impressive or what?
    Gramps

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update Zach. Looks incredible. Hope all is well. Dad

    ReplyDelete