Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Sevilla & Rest

My time in Sevilla was very good overall. It´s a bigger city, full of culture and winding roads. It´s actually very easy to get turned around and lost. Oh, and it´s frickin hot! It got up to 43 degrees Celcius, thats 109.4 degrees Fahrenheit according to google. It was miserable at times, but we managed to avoid it just enough to make it through our time there. As for the sights, we saw el catedral and el Alcázar, probably two the top tourist stops. The cathedral was massive and the gardens and architecture of el Alcázar were amazing (pictures are below). We also tried to get tickets for Los Toros (a bull fight) but there were no bulls in town that weekend, I guess.

In the middle of my time in Sevilla I began to notice a change in my attitude towards the guys and about travelling in general. Mostly, I was getting frustrated easily. I needed to change something, so I took the whole of the next morning to be by myself. I wrote and read and thought about things, it was so good. I could do whatever I wanted and I didn´t have to consult anyone. Don´t get me wrong, I love travelling with the fellas (in fact, it would be nearly impossible to travel this long without them), but it was great to get some time alone. Not only was that specific time good, but it translated to my time with the boys; I felt renewed.


El Catedral-Giralda
A massive Cathedral (3rd largest in Europe)


Gardens of El Alcázar
a royal palace in Seville, Spain, originally a Moorish fort

No comments:

Post a Comment